2.16.2006

beautiful sunset

they asked why i smiled
as i watched the sunset
but i knew they wouldn’t understand
as joy filled my eyes
i began to realize
things may not be the same again
but i remembered long days
under east texas suns
when you told me how life used to be
i reminisce about things
that may have seemed small
but in my heart meant the world to me
i look at each day
and know in my soul
that you and i have more sunrises to come
and where you go now
one day i will follow
and we will both live in the light of the SON

- “let not your heart be troubled…i go to prepare a place for you”

(quiet da artist/copyright 2006)

2 comments:

Boricua Morena said...

YOU inspire ME...

Anonymous said...

thank you for putting this on your site...although you didnt think it your best, it's beautiful and if grandma could read it she would say the same thing. love you!