7.11.2006

the end

she asked if i still loved her
and before i could say i do
images of where we had come from flooded my mind
we went from friends
to fu**in
to FU** YOU
all in one breath
and it was in that moment
that
i couldnt breath again
i knew that together we walked
and in the past
when we fell
we chose to
get up together
but not this time
my soul laid still
hoping she would just walk away
because every time we fell
tears would turn into flames
and flames would ignite my soul
and with each breath
i would hear
FU** YOU
FU** YOU
FU** YOU
no matter how hard i blew
i would hear
FU** YOU
FU** YOU
FU** YOU

so as i laid there
i prayed
that this time
she would just walk away
and the flames would die
and the images that flooded my mind
would dry against my soul
and in time
life's storms
would wash away words
that vandalized my soul
and desecrated my mind

(quiet da artist/copyright 2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really liked this - i think this is REALLY real, like life

strong emotions can tear us down, but somewhere in the chaos pain can push pens to stain pages...