8.17.2006

still

tears flow like rivers that have swollen after a hard rain
as soon as someone mentions your name
my soul places laughter like band-aids on broken hearts
a temporary fix
for a permanent situation
dealing with lifes ultimate devistation
the end of our creation
I
miss
my friend
I know they say
have faith and hold on
the pain won't last for long
but this shit hurts
and even though I don't cry as much
I don't don't laugh as much
I don't smile as much
I don't sleep as much either
I listen for whispers in the night
hoping for impossible outcomes to destined scenarios
asking GOD to play messenger
and tell you things I should've said while you were here
and now the truth is
I sit here
and cry
rivers
oceans
lakes
and streams
hoping that my tears will touch your soul
and memories of us will blossom like yellow roses
they say be strong and hold on
but this shit hurts
and my laughter will only hide so much
they say be strong
but even when the pain goes away
this shit hurts
my memories place daggers in my heart
causing my soul to cry
and my tears flow like rivers that have swollen after a hard rain
(quite da artist/copyright 2006)

No comments: