2.11.2007

roles

i couldnt even think of an answer in time
standing between a rock and a hard place
i never thought y'all would come face to face
every moment was so methodically planned
but today
we three stood
and
i
was completely speachless
every word that ran through my mind played out the end of an untold lie
she was nobody
but at the same time she was everybody
every time i went out for gas or butter pecan ice cream
every late night at work
every extended business trip
she was nobody
but at the same time she was everybody
everybody that you had forgotten how to be
she was quiet when the game was on
she was loud when the lights were low
she was affectionate when the mood was right
she was distant when i needed time alone
she was nobody
but at the same time
she was where my heart wanted to be
she was my comfort zone
she was my life
my passion
my salvation
she was the side of me that you would never understand
never tried to understand
never embraced
so as the master of ceremonies called my name
she and i walked to the stage
hand in hand
softly i grabbed the mic
cleared my throat
and together
she and i stood and passionately playing through pros
we shifted through similies
and
melted into metephors
she quieted the noise that cluttered my soul
she was my peace
at that moment
she was my everybody
and you
well
we all have roles to play
(quite da artist/copyright 2007)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn....this was just mean, but REAL at the same time

Anonymous said...

u take my breathe away with ur words...