10.02.2007

me missing me

these word are written from the soul. follow the flow

tears
i
cry
flood my sanity
the leavy has broken
i am broken
torn between
she and thee
you and i
cry
tears
that leave souls scared like knives in prison riots
i bleed
and emotions leave stains that can never wash away
tainted thought keep guarded hearts
and i cant remember what love looks like
but you
reminded me
that love has texture
love is convex
convoluted
complicated
complex
but i cant remember what love looks like
until you
remind me
that love has essence
love is simple
seductive
sovereign
satisfying
but i cant remember love
because between she and me
there is no we
just flooded thoughts where hope once stood
and because of my tears
i can only see
tree tops and light post
and a picture of my soul
nailed to the perch
like a yard sale sign
colored by the word "missing"
i am searching for me
looking for we
not she
but you
wondering why
you and i
cant be
us
(quiet da artist/copyright 2007)

No comments: