8.19.2007

scorned

i never knew
what she wanted from me
she said the truth
but my words only made the situation worse
i promised to never fill her soul with lies
because
to many past situations
left her heart subdued
so when i said that my soul
needed to be set free
i never thought she would
sit quietly and plan my demise

she
was
willing to
sell her soul for a life time of situations that never needed to occur
so with much softness in her sound
she asked me to stay
if just for one last night
and i fell victim
to lustfull thoughts in my own mind
willing to
sell my soul for seductive ideas
and
unreal dreams
that would lead to nightmares

so that night
with no strings
i unattached my heart
as she held on tighter
we blended from the outside of our flesh
to the inside of our soul
and when the sun rose
her tears left her sleeping in a river
drowned by the thoughts of us
never knowing love again
but i never thought she would
sit quietly and plan my demise

with unattached hearts
she left marks of passion in places
that could not be explained away
she erased impressions
and contacted notions that needed validation
she planted ideas
that grew into situations
and when all else failed
she cried
and tears fell like daggers
lacerating parts of my heart that couldnt be repaired
and i
never thought she would
sit quietly and plan my demise
so alone i sat in the coolness of hells fury
trying
to avoid
her scorn

(quietdaartist/copyright 2006)

No comments: