8.21.2007

i asked for more than i was willing to give
she laughed
and said
"sí"
but only if i was willing to give all i had
i smiled and replied
"mi alma pertenece a usted"

she is where i wanted to be
but somehow i lost my way
pretending to smile only made my heart ache
and she listened to me break into pieces
she was there to pick me up
she comforted my soul
and when i asked if we could be forever
she said
"sí"
but she knew forever wasnt promised
we only had this moment
this minute
this second
this right now

so when i asked for more than i was willing to give
she laughed
and said
"sí"
because this was our time
to
esté en amor

(quietdaartist/copyright 2007) - please forgive my translations i dont speak spanish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...since in 1/2 rican and 1/2 jamaican i can appreciate this !~ ...this reminds me of my ex i had loved him so much .. he spoke spanish 2..caliente'!!~~~lol

Anonymous said...

yes