7.13.2008

weekend warrior

sunrise saturday morning
to
sunset sunday night
she was my army of one
spending her weekdays working a situation with false promises of promotion
never pushing her to her potential
never recognizing the real she
she
couldnt wait until he
walked out
pretending to play
whatever role delighted his two day trek
she could care less where he landed
because for two days we was able to be all that we could be
tactile maneuvers kept us hidden behind enemy lines
and for this moment she was the commander
dictating my every move
telling me where to touch
where to taste
taking me to temptations treasure
she was my captain and i was her soldier
she was my commander in chief and i was her troop
i let her lead
because to he
she was his prisoner of war
held captive by politics and propaganda
but to me
she was
my
weekend warrior

(quiet da artist/copyright 2008)

No comments: