11.14.2010

its not you its she

not far from fist fights
we stood silently
hoping hate had not consumed every inch of
we
seeking solitude
that could not be found just by migrating to separate sectors of the same space
we
were finished
failed from her first hello
because she
was the thing that motivated my muse
i found myself sulking in sadness
picking up my pen
to purge my pain
leaving was my salvation
because at the base of we
was a broken foundation
unstable in every inch of our being
we were just being
no longer doing the things that led us to love
and she
stood in between happiness and heartache
you pretended that she didnt exist
but our pretending only lasted for so long
because she
was like a house fire
and we allowed her to consume everything that we had become
she
was poison
and we both drank from her cup
she was
death
and everyday we both died slowly
because
she
was you
not the you that i met
not the you that i loved
not the you that i was willing to give my love, life, and existence for
she was
the you
that you had become
she is the you that i hate
she is you

- quietdaartist (copyright 2010)

No comments: