11.14.2010

sucker for love

i wanted us to be
more than just weekend warriors
i wanted us to do
more before 9 am
than most people do in a lifetime
i wanted you to be my lifetime
but just as the sun rose
on our second lifetime
you compared the grown me
to the child i used to be
and even though i swore
that my past was my last lifetime
you called it my lifeline
said that it was intertwine
in my spine
like a vine
you said that all men are either
canine or swine
and no mater how different
i tried to show
time after time
to you
every truth was just a line
every compliment was game
every sweet gesture just the same
because in the end
the result was so plain
i couldnt get past your last man
and all i really wanted was to give you my last name

so for you i persevered and pushed
the sound of your name
gave me more than a rush
but in the stillness of our reality
i recognized
that i was fighting alone
one way communication cant always go on
un-returned phone calls and text because your heart was still stone
even a concrete rose can only grow for so long
and in this fight for us
i was doing it all alone

it was i that pushed
even though we were well past done
it was i that cried out loud
under the noon day sun
it was i that fought for us alone
in this army of one

(quietDAartist/copyright 2010)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is me...it's like you wrote exactly how I feel..an army of one