12.24.2013

for my muse: Best I Ever Had

"you know a lot of girls be thinking my song is about them, but this is not to be confused. this one is for you..." Drake Best I Ever Had

you knew me
from my flaws to my perfection
you
were my perfection

i would pour
thoughts of you into my pen
then write until your soul stained our sheets

you were my truth
away from the lies
that others listen to on stage

the only stories that they had
were imagined behind a microphone

but you
you were my image
reflecting everything that i was doing right

you took my words
and laid them gently on your heart

you knew my words
before they became objectified
and torn apart for public consumption

the masses
would rip at my flesh
but
you
pulled at my soul

you were my soul
my pleasure
and my pain
pouring out from my pen
staining more than just our sheets

you knew me

better than i ever wanted to admit

you were my flawed moments of perfection
poured into my pen
permanently written into every part of my life

(paulwroteit/copyright 2013)

No comments: