12.15.2013

undead

by the time you find this
it will already be to late

i will have given up on the fantasy of forever
forever ago


i will have fought every urge to call you
or text you
or drive by your parents house to see if you were there


i will have dated
just enough replacements
to have you out of my system


i will have poured enough liquor into my kidney
to erase any trace of you from my bloodstream


i will have broken my fingers
so i could no longer hold on
to the memories of what i thought was forever


i will have loved you
and hated that i loved you


described you
in conversations as my past
even when thinking of you as my future


i will have died
and resurrected as a different me


determined to never die again


so by the time you find this
know that i died for you
i died for love
i died for us

but i refuse to ever die again


(paulwroteit/copyright 2013)

No comments: