10.03.2006

live from 285

sitting in traffic
forced to inhale truck exhaust
i
thought i saw you pass my way
i
began to wonder
where you were
and what you were doing
my mind
played memories
like old movies reels
i
wondered if
you ever thought about me
i wondered if
you ever thought about us
i played the first time we touched
until my mind started to bend reality
i
looked at every car as if it was yours
i
wondered if
you knew how much
my heart cried tears
the day our souls drove away
i
closed my eyes
and
listened for your hello
i listened for your touch
i listened for your smile
and
while sitting in traffic
forced to inhale truck exhaust
i smiled
because i love you
i cried
because i miss you
i lived
because
of you

(quiet da artist/copyright 2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometimes the BEST inspiration comes when you're on the highway...keep the gas tank full!