10.22.2006

not as pleasant

she said with me
she couldnt grow
our situation stood still
like the hands on a broken clock
i blocked her sunshine
like a dying shade tree
and made her stand in my shadow
until her soul to become cold
she said with me
she couldnt love him
not like he needed to be loved
so
our situation stood still
until the sound of her voice
pierced my heart like an old dagger
and somehow i knew
that
she never loved me
just the way i made her feel
when her heart was heavy
and
i never loved her
just the was she made me strong
when my soul was weak
and we were never in love
just
a safe place for our hearts to hide
until we were ready to love again
we lied as if we could still be friends
even though
we had never been friends in the past
only two souls
searching for a rest haven
for our own
broken hearts
(quiet da artist/copyright 2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the truth is always consistent and can never fully be refuted

Boricua Morena said...

hands clutching truth...
hard to find
the real state of mind