12.15.2007

weather man

she blew in
like a warm wind from my past
excited my life
like the threat of a hurricane
i just needed time to get things in order
she
made me remember what it was like to be in love again
and then
she was gone
just as quickly as she came
she left
left me to wonder
left me with questions
left me alone
she blew in
like a warm wind
and wrapped her hands around my heart
she promised me forever
and with her i would have stayed
but
just as quickly as she blew in
she
was
gone
and as i stood under the impending clouds of rain
i prayed for warm winds
to comfort my cold nights
prayed for middle of the day highs
with no lows
prayed for sunshine
but
"aint no sunshine when she's gone
its not warm when she's away
aint no sunshine when she's gone
and she's always gone to long
anytime she goes away"
so i pray
that one day
she will come
and stay forever
i pray
that she would just
blow this way again

(?uiet da artist/copyright 2007)

2 comments:

Boricua Morena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that was beautiful