9.17.2016

fly free : #thelightyears

I said the last time
would be the last time
The last line would be the last line
I tried to wipe
your name from my tongue

I chained
thoughts of you in the basement of my mind
Until I realized
that they would still get free
and run through the corridors of my soul


You will forever be in my soul
and my heart


But not my life

I ran you out of my life
Because i was unable to handle your light
And you
Didn't know the depths of my darkness


I wake up
Searching for sunshine behind billowing clouds


There were
summer days
Where some of our days
seemed dark enough to remind me of the light


You were my light
When god said
Let there be
she understood the depths of my darkness
This is my darkness


My darkest moment
Left me praying an addicts prayer
  • God, grant me the serenity to accept the fact that i am dying without her but being with her was killing her slowly

I was wise enough to know
That i was killing you
Slowly


I said the last time
would be the last time
The last line would be the last line


I promised myself that i would stop writing
About you
Stop writing
About us
Stop writing
About love
Whether lost or found


But my muse
Was tied up in the basement of my mind
And every time it would get free
I would pick up my pen
And let your light
shine through my darkness


If i stop writing about you
I stop writing


And when im not writing
im dying


So you will forever be in my pen
And my poetry
But not in my life
And not in my light


I will write you
Out of my darkness


And when god says
Let there be
Hopefully i can shine on my own

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Bravo!!! ❤