9.23.2016

the heartbreak of one : #thelightyears

I have been


single
my entire life


single
through roughly
6 girlfriends
one wife
and countless
situations that i refused
to place a label on


i have been single


i was never invested in
we


i was never invested in the moment of us
i was never


invested


i learned
to treat relationships like they were disposable
because one hundred percent of marriages end in death
or divorce


and one broken heart was one too many for me


so i


refused to be
committed


monogamous
trustworthy
loyal
steadfast
dependable


i refused to be faithful


i refused to love
love without fear
love without limits


i refused to trust myself
i refused to be trusted


i refused to be vulnerable


i watched relationships
and draped myself in their failure
covered myself in their downfall


promised my heart that it would never be me


if i
was going to feel heartbreak
it would be because i broke my own heart


i have broken
my heart far too many times
through 6 girlfriends
one wife
and countless situations that i refused to put a label on


i
have been alone


i will die
solitary
lonely
by my self


because i have lived
single
for my entire life

No comments: